Standard Homerit PVC-U windows and doors have flanges and jambliners pre-fitted. Installation is similar to installing typical aluminium windows and doors.
For installation details of direct fix construction click Direct fix.
For installation details of cavity construction click Cavity construction.
For solid construction such as precast or light weight block wall you may choose to have no jambliners and long sleeved anchor bolts, passing through the profile and into the structure are recommended. Bolt head shall be capped with a cover or sealed against atmospheric corrosion. For more details click Solid construction.
PVC-U window and door frames are bigger than typical aluminum window and door frames. We recommend not to have jambliner under the door frames. We also recommend that doors are rebated into slabs etc. For more details click Rebate recommendation.
1. Perimeter fixing shall be sited as follows:
a) No fixing 150mm from a corner, both vertically and horizontally.
b) No fixing 150mm at either side or a transom or mullion where it meets the outer frame.
c) Fixing shall occur no more than 400mm centers between fixings at corners, transoms and mullions.
2. Care should be taken so as not to over-tighten the bolt or screw fixing as this may result in frame distortion and/or reduced performance of the window or door system.
3. Additional fixings may be provided at the discretion of the architects and dependent upon the specified quality of the structure and building materials.
1. For timber framed buildings, prepare the window/door opening according to NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for wrapping of framed opening.
2. Check sill structure for true, level and straightness. Make adjustment if necessary.
3. Wedge the window or door into position using packers to achieve perfect squareness. Do not bend the framework by over packing.
4. Secure the window or door into framed opening according to installation details and fixing recommendation.
5. Close and lock all opening sashes, check for squareness within the outer frame.
6. Remove all protective tape from the faces of the window frame, clean where necessary with warm soapy water.
When unglazed the window or door may not work (open or close) properly because sashes may be out of square without glass installed. Glazing properly is very important for functionality of the window or door. For details click Site glazing.
Thanks to the good design of the hardware system you may adjust the hardware. For more details click. Siegenia Maintenance Instructions.